Friday, July 22, 2005

A few yarns to get the diary started...

With a week to go, we thought it was well time for the Wrongolia Diary to commence. So what's been happening to the lads over the past few weeks of preparation...

Getting visas has been a mission and a half. So, while Ian's been sunning himself up in Brum, I've been running about London churpsing consulates into speeding up the visa process. Still, with 5 working days to go before we leave, and the 10-day Turkmenistan just in the mix, we might just have to give the rest of the pack a little head start on the 30th and head up the rear on the following Monday.

1. Regarding visas, back on the 8th July my mum was not overly impressed when my 6am visit to the Russian consulate didn't produce the goods till way past 11, which meant a handy tardiness for my graduation ceremony up in Brum. Yet alas, instead of the 1.45 Political Science and Humanities they managed to stick me in on my own with the School of Education and Life-Long studies. Needless to say it was loads and loads of fun...

2. And on Wednesday this week, in my haste to get back to Brum for a meeting at the Ford garage, I managed to diesel my tank with 25 quids worth of the sweetness. A highly foolish and expensive pre-rally setback. Enjoy the photo of my Honda taking a leak. It all bodes well for our skills on the road.

3. Oh, and yeah, check out our car. Just picked her up for the Ford garage today. Looking quite the stunner with her sick alloys and modified air intake. Huge thanks to Steve and David and all at Chambers Ford, without whom we would be well in the shizzle without a paddle.

Until next time.

Phil.